Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two instance SourceTree with two different users

Ruggero Scarano February 15, 2016

Hi. I'm testing the migration of our project from Visual Source Safe to Bitbucket and we want to use SourceTree to keep track of the history of the source files, compares it and eventually merged. For the test, it would be comfortable if is possible to use on the same pc two different instance of SourceTree with two users so I can simulate changes on the same source file from two different users and I want to see from SourceTree the changes... I.e. User1 commit and push, User2, commit, then see, compare and merged difference, then push. User1 take the merged source. Is possible?

Thanks

Ruggero Scarano

1 answer

1 vote
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

You should be able to use just one instance of SourceTree with two clones of the repo locally and logged in as different users.

Ruggero Scarano February 16, 2016

I tried, but, if I'm not mistaken (I making some test on SorceTree/BitBucket), when I commit some changes from repository, he commit usually with same user. 

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

That surprises me.  You're on Windows?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events