Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stashes broken

Steven Vachon January 11, 2018

On OS X 10.13.2 with Sourcetree 2.6.x and now 2.7, I can no longer access stashes and must use the git CLI. Attempting to view a stash shows a blank panel and attempting to apply throws:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree stash apply stash@{0} 

One or more of this task's arguments is invalid. They cannot start with '-', and must follow git ref-format rules: https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-check-ref-format.html

Completed with errors, see above

6 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Fixed in 2.7 (151), please update.

Now I can't even create a stash.

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Found the problem there, specific to git stash create 😔 All stash actions (and shelve actions for Mercurial) have been verified. Fix posted in 2.7 (152), update now available. Our apologies for the hiccups today.

Steven Vachon January 12, 2018

Thank you!

TezcanE January 16, 2018

The one time I did not make a manual backup in case stash broke and sure enough it did... luckily recovered with new update. :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2018

Please check for updates… we use a progressive rollout strategy so that if a showstopper crops up we are able to address before releasing generally.

2.7 (152) is the latest and will be on the website for downloading soon but is already available for updates.

Daniel Moosbrugger January 15, 2018

Hey Brian,

thanks for the clarification, but SourceTree tells me that my version (2.7 150) is up to date when I try to update it. Just like in the screenshot Amir posted above.

bauerdev January 15, 2018

Same here, shows I have the latest update (2.7 250), will try a little later.

bgannin
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2018

I've verified the feeds, you should be good to go when checking for updates. If not you can download it directly from Sourcetree Betas (OSX_Latest.zip)

bauerdev January 15, 2018

Got 2.7 (152), fixed!

Thanks!

1 vote
Amir Rossert January 14, 2018

Any news regarding this?

How can we get the new 2.7 (152) version?

bauerdev January 14, 2018

I can only guess we'll have to wait for 2.7.1. Usually, a new version will see a 'revision' bump at the minimum (x.x.revision), rather than a build bump.

Now, there's always the command line: stash documentations, and stashing tools . I'd 'practice' on a dummy git first, just to see I got the hang of it.

In short:

Create stash:

$ git stash save "<Name the stash>"

View the stashes:

$ git stash list

stash@{0}: On master: name

Apply:

$git stash apply stash@{n}

Apply and delete:

$ git stash pop stash@{n}

Delete

git stash drop stash@{n}

Steven Vachon January 14, 2018

Umm, "Check for Updates…"

Amir Rossert January 14, 2018

sourcetree.png

0 votes
pyus_13 January 31, 2018

It literally scared me in the beginning, thanks for the update. 

0 votes
bauerdev January 14, 2018

I'm on the latest version, 2.7 (150). Cannot create stashes, and cannot delete the faulty one it creates.

Are the 2.7 (150) and 2.7 (151) not the same?

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2018

This is a bug that's being fixed for 2.7 (151)

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

I didn't give it a name -- I let Sourcetree handle it like I had in the past.

Myryx14 January 13, 2018

Hello! Sorry, but currently I'm at version 2.7(150) and it says that it's the latest one, so I can't update to 152 version by checking for updates in context menu. Could you please point me what am I doing wrong and how can I get from 150 to 152(or 151) version?

Daniel Moosbrugger January 15, 2018

@bgannin Can you tell us where to get 2.7 (152), or when we can expect a 2.7.1 update?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events