Stashes broken Edited

On OS X 10.13.2 with Sourcetree 2.6.x and now 2.7, I can no longer access stashes and must use the git CLI. Attempting to view a stash shows a blank panel and attempting to apply throws:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree stash apply stash@{0} 

One or more of this task's arguments is invalid. They cannot start with '-', and must follow git ref-format rules: https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-check-ref-format.html

Completed with errors, see above

6 answers

2 accepted

5 votes

Fixed in 2.7 (151), please update.

Now I can't even create a stash.

Found the problem there, specific to git stash create 😔 All stash actions (and shelve actions for Mercurial) have been verified. Fix posted in 2.7 (152), update now available. Our apologies for the hiccups today.

The one time I did not make a manual backup in case stash broke and sure enough it did... luckily recovered with new update. :)

0 vote

Please check for updates… we use a progressive rollout strategy so that if a showstopper crops up we are able to address before releasing generally.

2.7 (152) is the latest and will be on the website for downloading soon but is already available for updates.

Hey Brian,

thanks for the clarification, but SourceTree tells me that my version (2.7 150) is up to date when I try to update it. Just like in the screenshot Amir posted above.

Same here, shows I have the latest update (2.7 250), will try a little later.

I've verified the feeds, you should be good to go when checking for updates. If not you can download it directly from Sourcetree Betas (OSX_Latest.zip)

Got 2.7 (152), fixed!

Thanks!

1 vote

Any news regarding this?

How can we get the new 2.7 (152) version?

I can only guess we'll have to wait for 2.7.1. Usually, a new version will see a 'revision' bump at the minimum (x.x.revision), rather than a build bump.

Now, there's always the command line: stash documentations, and stashing tools . I'd 'practice' on a dummy git first, just to see I got the hang of it.

In short:

Create stash:

$ git stash save "<Name the stash>"

View the stashes:

$ git stash list

stash@{0}: On master: name

Apply:

$git stash apply stash@{n}

Apply and delete:

$ git stash pop stash@{n}

Delete

git stash drop stash@{n}

Umm, "Check for Updates…"

This is a bug that's being fixed for 2.7 (151)

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

I didn't give it a name -- I let Sourcetree handle it like I had in the past.

Hello! Sorry, but currently I'm at version 2.7(150) and it says that it's the latest one, so I can't update to 152 version by checking for updates in context menu. Could you please point me what am I doing wrong and how can I get from 150 to 152(or 151) version?

@Brian Ganninger Can you tell us where to get 2.7 (152), or when we can expect a 2.7.1 update?

I'm on the latest version, 2.7 (150). Cannot create stashes, and cannot delete the faulty one it creates.

Are the 2.7 (150) and 2.7 (151) not the same?

It literally scared me in the beginning, thanks for the update. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you