Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree windows 3.1.3?

Jørgen Nørgaard May 7, 2019

I a bit curious, I have sourcetree 3.1.3 installed after the app suggested an update.

However on the website is only version 3.1.2. How come, I would expect it to be the same version as suggested for update?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2019

Hi Jørgen,

The updates get rolled gradually to our users, and only when the update has been rolled to 100% of our users will it be available on our website.

Hope this explains!

Ana

RobertDAltman August 29, 2019

Um… no. That doesn't explain it. I have several machines with SourceTree installed. A couple of them have version 3.2.6.3544, and apparently continue to get updates to newer 3.2.* versions. But other machines are stuck at version 3.1.2.

1 vote
Jason_Armistead August 21, 2019

This is a bit ridiculous.  As of today, the official Sourcetree web site still only allows download of the Sourcetree version 3.1.3 for Windows. And yet, the latest available version that I can get via Tools -> Options -> Updates -> Check For Updates button is 3.2.6

I have two PCs.  One was checking for and able to apply updates OK.  It just got updated to V3.2.6 today.  But the other PC was stuck on V3.1.3 and wouldn't update.

So what could I do ?  I couldn't use the built-in update mechanism because it was broken for some reason, and the Sourcetree web site link only gives me V3.1.3.

The solution ?

Hover over the download link, then copy and paste the URL into the browser address bar.  Then change it from

https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-3.1.3.exe?_ga=2.187265256.117146731.1566419931-1665721858.1566419931

to

https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-3.2.6.exe

And that gives me the setup program for the Sourcetree V3.2.6 version that I need 

Exactly why Atlassian is doing such a crazy thing is beyond me.  There is no good way to EVER know that "100% of users" (however that is being tracked) have updated their Sourcetree applications on all their machines.  We have a properly licensed and under-maintenance version of Bitbucket running on in-house servers and we just want to get the latest Sourcetree client.  Why make it so hard for us and everyone else ???

Jørgen Nørgaard August 27, 2019

I like this ;-)

Like # people like this
Jørgen Nørgaard September 2, 2019

I had to go back to 3.1.3 after experiencing problems with push similar to

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/When-trying-to-push-all-branches-are-gone-push-not-possible/qaq-p/1163583#M30928

The dark mode is nice though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events