Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree "Authentication via SSH-Keys failed" for windows 10

kvstrijland March 18, 2019

So iven been browsing this forum and none of the old posts helped me. This is the current situation. 

Im trying to create a work and private place, where ican work on both the same projects. I just setup m pc, with, the same method of setting up source tree. 

I generated a SSH Key, added it to my account on bitbucket.org, and, i could clone/fetch/push/pull everything without a problem. 

Now here comes the itchy part where im getting actually quiet annoyed about. I did the freaking same thing on my laptop. Using windows 10 on my laptop just like my pc, both acer product (shouldnt matter in any case but you never know). And i've deleted sourcetree over and over, deleted all the temp files and all appdata, but it keeps giving me the popup "Authentication via ssh keys failed, do you want to launch the ssh ke agent (Pageant) and retry. 

Im getting quiet annoyed since it works on my pc and my laptop keep bugging me like this.

Can anyone please try to help me solving this?

thanks in advance you beautifull bastards:)

Ps: I dont need cocky responses like you should have searched better or anything. Keep them for yourself! 

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2019

Hi

Can I just confirm your setup?

Are you using OpenSSH or Pagaent as the key manager on both workstations?
Are both Sourcetree instances set to start the key manager at startup?
Stupid question, sorry, but if you copy the keys back and forth between the 2 workstations the same behavior continues, it works on one but not the other?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events