You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
My Sourcetree "Push" button doesn't work anymore for one of my projects.
When I click it, it gives me the usual following log, but then the green bar just hangs forever (even if I'm just pushing 1 light tst.txt):
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks push -v --tags origin master:master
Pushing to https://github.com/MyRepoAddress
This is happening specifically to one GitHub git repository, I have tried using different credentials settings / removing and re-adding, (from basic to oauth), but it's hard think this can be the problem when other repos with the same credentials are working fine.
Weirdly, if I copy the same command to the terminal, it asks me for the credentials 3 times, and then it just works and pushes... makes me think it's really some configuration in Sourcetree's credentials that is bugged, but I can't figure what. Any ideas?
In my case I was able to solve this by adding a parameter "pushurl" to my git config file. I had one repository where I couldn't push via Sourcetree while all other repos worked fine.
When I compared the config files (in a text editors) I noticed that the config of the problematic repository didn't have a "pushurl" parameter under [remote "origin"] (which a the same url as value as the "url" parameter.
After adding "pushurl" and restarting Sourcetree pushing was working again ...
On Windows, I have the exact same problem and I haven't found a solution yet. I need LFS so I can't use your solution, and it's not caused by the URL problem that have raizen87, so I'm kinda stuck using terminal or switching for another git desktop client.
Hopefully the Sourcetree dev team will address this problem?
Hi! It's been a while, so I don't remember exactly what solved my problem, but I think there was some activated option for LFS that shouldn't be enabled (I'm not using LFS, and for some reason it was activated) - If I'm not mistaken, I solved the problem by deactivating it.
Hi, thanks but yor answer, but i need lfs. And this not my problem. But i resolve the problem adding user into URL settings. My URL is "https//github.com/principalUserGithub/name_project.git", but i have diferent user in github that is a team of principal user. My change is "https://firstname.lastname@example.org/principalUser/name_project.git" into settings. I don't know works but works XD. I see this configuration in my Mac, because the problem was in windows.