Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree not responding

cp_front-end May 19, 2018

Today I installed Sourcetree.

When I cloned the first repository, the output "Cloning into (my local)" ran for a loooooooong time.

And the application didn't respond after cloning completion.

Then I restarted the sourcetree and open the cloned repository, it didn't respond again. 

Even though I reinstalled, the same problem happened again and again.

My computer environment:

Windows 10 (64-bit version)

i7-5700HQ, 16G RAM

3 answers

2 votes
eddynemer April 11, 2019
James Whiffin May 1, 2019

Thanks, that was the issue for me.

Like eddynemer likes this
0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2018

Hello! This sounds an issue with anti-virus or something like that. You can check and see what Sourcetree is doing during the clone with the Process Viewer:

• Open Sourcetree
  • Click "Tools > Process Viewer"
  • Try and clone again
  • Observe what's happening in the process viewer, and reply to this with the info. Additionally, try and open the Windows Task Manager and see what is using your CPU

If you're still having issues, try and clone via the command-line and then open the repo in Sourcetree.

cp_front-end May 21, 2018

I found that when I open Sourcetree, it suddenly occupied about 30-40% CPU and dropped down to 1-2% in 1~2 seconds.
I also observed when the problem of "not responding" happened, the occupied CPU is around 17-20%.

It's strange that the occupied CPU rise rapidly when I take some actions on Sourcetree.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2018

Hi

Is there anything significant about the repository in terms of size etc? Is it on a network share?Do you have similar problems with any other Repositories?

You can open the Tools/Process Viewer... option to list the process that are running and also Repository/Benchmark Repo Performance. the results of both of these can be exported and attached to this issue.

Thanks

cp_front-end May 21, 2018

The size of my repository is small (about 40MB, including 2600 files). I tried to clone the similar repository, but the same problem happened.

Sometimes I open a cloned repo successfully. However, once I take some "actions" (e. g., commit), Sourcetree is always not responding...

It seems unhelpful to open the process viewer. There's nothing to check if the timing of not responding is opening a repository.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events