Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree is installing as portable? Not in Start Menu

Rob Randell April 7, 2020

Hi there.
I'm just trying to install SourceTree on a fairly new W10 machine and it kinda works, but not as I'd expect.

I grab the latest setup, run it, and at the end SourceTree is running. But to run it again I need to click on SourceTreeSetup.exe again (and the second time I am not asked to install it). This is as if it's a portable app, but I'd rather be able to find it in my Start Menu (which used to happen). Is there a way to run the setup once, then have the thing installed as a first class citizen?
Cheers

Edit (1): slight update which is I have found it in my Users folder, but it still isn't in my Start Menu. Clearly I can' create a shortcut myself, but ideally I wouldn't have to (and does this apply to everyone?), and also I really don't like things just installing in my Users folder (on my C drive and backed up) rather than in PROGRAM FILES

Edit (2): Okay, I see this ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-7168?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=cec0c0de-5183-4fd2-8051-6adca184437a and perhaps I need the MSI installer or to check the setup. But then why, given it _is_ installed, is the setup not running setup(!) and thus giving me the impression that I needed to re-run _that_ (setup) file? Blimey. And, according to another doc in the FAQ, the MSI is very limited. Not end-of-world limited, but... why, oh why?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events