Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree commit doesn't work

Anton Podkovirin July 2, 2020

After installing Sourcetree on a new laptop, I'm unable to commit. If i press the commit button on the bottom right, i get the "User Information" pop-up. After pressing "OK" nothing happens. The commit button on the top left shows changes. When i press it, nothing happens.

Some details and observations: 

* We use a standalone Bitbucket server

* I'm able to clone repos from the bitbucket server and move between branches.

* The commit doesn't work with any of the buttons (top left, bottom right or the drop down menu)

* I'm able to commit using the terminal window

* After commuting using the terminal window, I'm able to push using the Sourcetree   button 

* Tried to install 3 different versions of Sourcetree (3.3.9, 3.3.8, 3.1.2), removing the AppData folder before a new installation. Wasn't able to commit with any version. 

* Tried using the embedded Git, as well as a standalone version

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? 

Any thoughts on what else i can try to pinpoint the issue?

Thanks,

2 answers

12 votes
Anton Podkovirin July 7, 2020

Unchecking the "Set global author details for Git and Mercurial" checkbox before OKing the "User information" popup solved the issue for me. I had to uncheck it, press OK, and then commit again. Did that once and now it commits every time.

Capture.PNG

Alexandre McCormick June 29, 2021

Thank you! 1 day of trying everything and then finally found your comment. worked!!!!!

Like # people like this
Phil Barker October 20, 2021

I'm having the same issue. What does unchecking "Set global author details for Git and Mercurial" do? I haven't tried this yet, because I'm always overly cautious about changing things when I don't know what the effect will be. Thanks!

Like Aaron Johnson likes this
0 votes
Luca Colombano July 6, 2020

Hi,

Same as above.

Any answer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events