Sourcetree classroom licensing

Hi,

Atlassian already provide great support to our students with BitBucket. I encourage all of my students to use it. Thank you for that excellent service.

My question is about SourceTree licensing. Can we deploy SourceTree in our classrooms? If so, should we use multiple copies of a single license, or is there a special license available for this?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Mike,

You can definitely deploy SourceTree in your classrooms - you're quite welcome to use a single licence file created with a shared Atlassian account for all the machines, either by logging in on the registration dialog on those machines to download the license, or by manually copying the sourcetree.license file across machines, which lives here:

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree/sourcetree.license

Windows: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.license

You can either copy those files across machines or copy it from one master machine and use the 'Import License' option in the registration dialog. The same license works across both platforms.

HTH

Steve

Thanks for the prompt and helpful answer Steve, that helps a lot.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

549 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you