Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree classroom licensing

cunneen June 20, 2013

Hi,

Atlassian already provide great support to our students with BitBucket. I encourage all of my students to use it. Thank you for that excellent service.

My question is about SourceTree licensing. Can we deploy SourceTree in our classrooms? If so, should we use multiple copies of a single license, or is there a special license available for this?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

Hi Mike,

You can definitely deploy SourceTree in your classrooms - you're quite welcome to use a single licence file created with a shared Atlassian account for all the machines, either by logging in on the registration dialog on those machines to download the license, or by manually copying the sourcetree.license file across machines, which lives here:

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree/sourcetree.license

Windows: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.license

You can either copy those files across machines or copy it from one master machine and use the 'Import License' option in the registration dialog. The same license works across both platforms.

HTH

Steve

cunneen June 26, 2013

Thanks for the prompt and helpful answer Steve, that helps a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events