Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree Mac 2.7.6 fails to update (Sierra)

edmechem May 15, 2019

Running Sourcetree 2.7.6 on macOS 10.12.6 Sierra.

Choosing "Check for Updates..." menu item results in "Update Error!" dialog with "An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later." descriptive text:

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 2.31.55 PM.png

This should be fixed.

If indeed Sourcetree 2.7.6 is the latest that can run on macOS 10.12.6 Sierra, then this message should instead say "No Update Available" with "You're already running the latest version of Sourcetree for your system." or some such.

If there *is* a newer version of Sourcetree that runs on 10.12.6 Sierra, then this Check for Updates functionality should find it & offer to install it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2019

Hi @edmechem,

I'm not sure why the update feed isn't accessible when you're checking for an update, it typically is and would show the "up to date" dialog instead. The latest release available is 3.1.2 but it requires 10.13+.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

edmechem May 16, 2019

Thanks - yeah, I saw that; the latest requires 10.13 (which I'm not running (yet)). Two related questions:

• What's the last version that runs on 10.12.x?
  • Where might there be a download link for that? I looked & couldn't find any 'older versions' section. Searching the Support section didn't reveal anything either.
edmechem May 18, 2019

@bganninCan you reply please? thx

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2019

https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives

2.7.4 is the last 10.12 compatible release available on that page; it will update to 2.7.6 and no further. I'll ping the web folks to find out why 2.7.6 isn't present in the list.

Like edmechem likes this
edmechem May 18, 2019

Thanks Brian.  How would I have found that link (download-archives) other than your mentioning it here?  I looked and didn't see it...  Perhaps more visibility to that (esp. when searching "system requirements" on Support page) would be helpful.  Thx again.

bgannin
Atlassian Team
May 19, 2019

It's in the footer of every page on sourcetreeapp.com.

Schroef August 24, 2019

@bgannin why isnt there a proper requirements footnote or page?

bgannin
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2019

Not currently but I've let folks know.

Schroef August 29, 2019

Great, will be very helpful in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events