Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree 3.4.15 Windows unstaged file selection state management issue

Josh Harmon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2023

I'm working on a mass find/replace commit that is touching >1000 files. In the course of reviewing my changes before committing, I'm making a occasional fixes to the unstaged files. Whenever the UI refreshes, and, despite visually maintaining my existing unstaged file selection through the refresh, the next time I hit Down Arrow to move to the next unstaged file, my selection in the Unstaged files pane jumps to the top of the list, regardless of what was selected before the refresh, and even regardless of what I selected with the mouse after the refresh (i.e. attempting to re-select the same file via mouse after the refresh in the hopes that would preserve my selection for keyboard navigation).

In my opinion, this is a very annoying behavior when self-reviewing a large list of unstaged files and would be good to have fixed.

Repro steps (note: have only attempted on Windows):

Create new repository

Create empty file asdf.txt, unstaged

Create empty file bsdf.txt, unstaged

Select file bsdf.txt in the Unstaged files pane

Create empty file csdf.txt, unstaged

Return to the Sourcetree UI, observe that the UI refreshes and depicts the continued selection of bsdf.txt

* Press Down Arrow to attempt to select csdf.txt

Observe that asdf.txt is selected instead, as if the selection was forgotten

* = You can also click to select bsdf.txt post-refresh in an attempt to reinforce the selection of bsdf.txt, but it will have no effect on this behavior.

Expected behavior: pressing Down Arrow selects csdf.txt, my selection is not spontaneously forgotten

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events