(Sourcetree 3.1) Is it possible to re-enable the bottom tabs for File status/history/search?

Kabutak May 16, 2019

I recently updated to the latest version of Sourcetree on Windows (3.1.3) and noticed that the UI has changed again. Looking at the 3.1 release notes, I see:

• Replaced the File Status, Log/History and Search tabs with options under the WORKSPACE heading in the repository sidebar. This provides commonality with Souretree for Mac

Is there any way to re-enable the previous UI? While I can adapt and get used to using the hotkeys or clicking the sidebar, this is much less efficient than the previous flow. Being able to swap panes from the same spot in the window where the relevant work is being done was much faster. It's a somewhat annoying change, especially since now the list of unstaged files in the history view appears to just drift off the bottom of the window under my taskbar.

While I'm at it, consider this a vote towards making the number of changed files badge on the commit button optional on Windows. I voted on the mac issue for it, but didn't see a windows one. Also, can we add the ability to pin the new local repositories sidebar to the left side of the screen instead of the right? Then we almost have the old sourcetree UI back.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

HI @Kabutak,

Thank you for your feedback. The best way to communicate these are via votes, comments, or new tickets if necessary in our public trackers.

That said, we are intentionally streamlining the UX and unifying them across all platforms - having additional settings and maintaining a therefore exponentially complex code base to preserve the old(est) UX isn't on the roadmap.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Pawel Cioch May 4, 2020

Another good part of the answer could be "we moved them to left panel on the top". I had a hard time to find it just after updating ST from 3.0.x to 3.3.8

Like SEED_Energy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events