This is usually because of line ending issues. Please see my answer here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/185169/sourcetree-win-1-0-3-0-what-happened-to-my-line-endings
To summarise, it's because SourceTree was trying to be helpful with its initial setup to default to unifying line endings - however existing repos may be in a state where this shows up as files needing re-committing to get their line endings into a unified LF format inside the repo (but still CRLF in your working copy).
We've stopped setting this by default for the next update and if you don't want to re-commit these files to change the line endings inside the repo then just remove these lines from mercurial.ini in your home directory:
[encode] **=cleverencode: [decode] **=cleverdecode:
I think I have the same issue as Neil except I just did a clone from my remote repository and we are not using mercurial. The original repo was TFS. Is there a similar approach to resolve this for TFS to Git? The files in question are *.sql files that have specific CRLF at the top and bottom of files.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs