Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree keeps asking for password on Mac OSX

Mario Hofer May 19, 2014

Hi,

SourceTree keeps asking for the password whenever I communicate with the server, eg. Fetch, Push, Pull.

The username ist entered and I do only have to enter my password. It seems, that Keychain does not save this. I also tried to add my username to the domain, but that does not do the job.

I'm not using Bitbucket or GitHub - at least not in this case.

Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Best, Mario

2 answers

2 votes
Mario Hofer May 20, 2014

Ok, great. I can live with that for a few weeks. Thanks for the answere.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi Mario,

There was a bug I just fixed where if your auth details weren't in the keychain whatsoever, and you were communicating with that remote for the first time over HTTPS then it wouldn't save the details to the keychain as expected. This will be issued as part of 1.9.3.

To get around this, if this is the problem, either you can:

1. Add the item manually into the keychain where the keychain item name is the URL such as github.comor bitbucket.org, the account name is your username, and password is your password.
  2. Use SSH auth instead for your repository

The next version should be out in the next few weeks.

EDIT: Logging in to your 'remote' (if you have such a thing, such as Bitbucket or GitHub) should also add the item to your keychain from another application, so that could work, too.

Cheers

Mario Hofer May 20, 2014

Ok, great. I can live with that for a few weeks. Thanks for the answere.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events