Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree installer doesn't actually install anything and execute as a stand alone app

Maxiride
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2020

I've downloaded and run the .exe for windows version 3.3.8, after the wizard completed I have no SourceTree application in my start menu.

If I doubleclick again the installer instead of the setup wizard SourceTree itself is launched as if it was a standalone application.

After inspecting the C drive I found that a new folder was made under C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Atlassian and ..\Sourcetree, I suspect that here is where preferences and configurations are saved.

However, no SourceTree app can be found under C:\Program Files (or the x86 folder). Is this the intended behaviour for the SourceTree installer? As of now I can't delete the setup exe file otherwise I wouldn't have any other way to run the application.

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Rodriguez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2020

Come on Atlassian, address this its a big deal.

Maxiride
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 26, 2020

I've been using Atlassian products a lot since in our company we use several of their products and this issue has been ongoing unaddressed for too long.

Me and my colleagues switched to Fork.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events