It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SourceTree for Windows/Linux

Viewing page 2 of 2

37 answers

1 accepted

I just can't help but using SourceTree. I have thrown away all of my other tools and repos and switched over to bitbucket.org too. I would LOVE a Windows version of SourceTree, as the best feature I'm missing right now is the GitFlow implementation.

Please, please, make a Windows version too.

+1 for windows version!

+1 I'd love to see this as well. I love using SourceTree on my Mac, and am sad when I'm on a Windows machine and can't use it ;)

+1 , used to work on mac for years, now im stuck on windows, lucky me i dont have a problem with cli

We really need it for Linux!

Thanks,

Adrian

Then you surely have noticed that smartGit and SourceTree are nearly as good as the other. For me smartGit became a very good/better alternative to SourceTree, especially because smartGit can handle our SSH connections smoothly which I could not manage to get running with SourceTree (need to stick to local clones). The newest smartGit preview version also supports interactive rebase and a way to edit the index which I haven't found in SourceTree so far.

Just figured I would add my support to this product. There isn't a windows git gui tool that can compete with source tree.

Congrats on getting SourceTree out on Windows!! One GUI to rule them all ;)

I will soon migrate from Mac to Linux... and I would love to continue using SourceTree in linux. Thanks

Switch to SmartGit lime I did. It's really full featured these days and is cross platform. I get the same experience at work on Linux as I do at home on OSX. 

The answer here is to definitely switch to SmartGit. It is completely cross platform and full featured. I get a consistent experience between work and home on different operating systems.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted Jan 17, 2019 in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

1,549 views 13 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you