Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree: embedded git can't be automatically installed

Daniel Hönig October 30, 2017

When SourceTree 2.3.1.0 tries to install embedded git, it runs into a timeout. That might be my company's firewall.

So I manually typed the indicated address in my browser and it would download the file. However, the place where to put the embedded git directory it is unknown to me.

Questions:

• what is the correct location to put embedded git? Can it be directly copied over or does it need some more installation and making-it-known within SourceTree?
  • For those cases where the download fails, can you offer an easy download possibility (e.g. by making the path in the dialogue at least hightlighteable/copyable by the mouse)? And make the above asked information about the path somehow obvious from within SourceTree?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2017

Hi

Yes, Git is a sizeable install :)

Sourcetree installs its copy of Git into %localpaddata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\git_local and yes you can simple write over the top of it. Do it while Sourcetree and Pagaent/PuTTY are not running though to avoid any issues about overwriting files.

We can certainly look into making that information more easily available.

Daniel Hönig November 2, 2017

I'm pretty sure you mean %localappdata% rather than %localpaddata% ;)

Apart from that, it works, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events