SourceTree - Why does the latest major update killed the ability to see file mode changes ?

I've been able to see something like "filemode 100755 -> filemode 100644" in diff view in ST 1.8.x (OSX), but since the 1.9 update, i'm not able to see filemode changes, and when it's the only thing changing on a file, i can see a very frustrating empty diff view.... Can we have this (simple) feature back in SourceTree 1.9 ?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey Samir,

I'm pretty sure that's a bug that'll be fixed in the next minor release which we're hoping will go out next week. We've had a lot of feedback so a lot of issues users are experiencing/reporting have already been fixed pending release.

If you'd like to report verifiable, reproducible issues though then you can report them over at jira.atlassian.com.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

884 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you