SourceTree, since updating, has become unusably slow. I find myself going back to the command line. Simply selecting multiple files in my working copy causes the application to beachball and either take minutes to become responsive again or completely lock up indefinitely.
What are some steps I can take to help you find repro steps / isolate the problem?
The project is built in Unity, and the prevalent issue is that staging files takes a long time. There is definitely something about working with Unity that SourceTree doesn't like.
Maybe I can be more specific - the project is built in Unity, so files like .prefab and .unity cause SourceTree to lock up quite frequently. We added both of those extensions to the diff exclusion list in Preferences, which helped the lock ups (though it's a bummer we can't see the diffs for them anymore).
Now the prevalent issue is that staging files takes a long time. There is definitely something about working with Unity that SourceTree doesn't like. It'd be good to hear from the community to see if others are having the same trouble.
I don't think the community can provide any help here besides "Me, too!" or "It works fine for me". If you think there might be a particular characteristic of your repository that is causing SourceTree to choke, but don't know what it is, try support.atlassian.com. If you'd prefer to file a bug report, visit jira.atlassian.com.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG