SourceTree: Unreadable colours in log/history view

One of my Scrum team members has a weird problem on a Win7 Pro machine. With a default Win7 Aero theme which does not cause any problems on identical other workstations in our team, his SourceTree shows colours like white on white in the log view:

Uninstalling (without trying to manually remove anything from registry or file system) and reinstalling the latest version did not help at all.

How can we fix that?

3 answers

1 accepted

Bingo! :))) Actually .NET Framework version 4.5 seems to be good enough, my colleague's version was 4.5 Beta. After has he installed the final version, the colors look alright. Thank you so much. I just wish the answer had not taken two months.

0 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Dec 08, 2013

Hi Alexander,

Could he possibly have some custom window and text coloring?

Start > Control Panel > Search for "color" > select Change window color and metrics

Below is a screenshot of what mine looks like.

I just returned to office after a business trip. Yes, the colours look the same on my colleague's PC. What else can we do? Does SourceTree store any colour-related data in the registry or anywhere else in config files?

You must install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 RC to avoid color glitches.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

273 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot