Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something wrong with certification

CPU_01 February 23, 2020

I recently "upgraded" to Windows 10 so I've been having to re-install ALL of my apps. I just reinstalled Sourcetree, got through the authentication, my account appears in the options menu.

But when I go to clone a repository, 2 things:
It KEEPS bringing up this pop up asking me to "Select a credential helper" and no matter what I pick it just keeps coming back.

On the clone page, in addition to dealing with that, it says "Cloning is even easier if you set up a remote account." Which I did. If I follow the "remote account" link it brings me to the page with my account and list of repositories I'm trying to clone from.

2 answers

0 votes
rakslice January 9, 2021

I had this problem with using the current SourceTree 3.3.9 with its Embedded git, even the current one 2.26.2, but installing the latest Git for Windows (https://git-scm.com/download/win) 2.30.0, and then telling SourceTree to use it (Tools -> Options -> Git tab, then in the "Git Version" box click on the "System" button and double-check that it shows the right version) made the problem go away.

And when I do a push to an HTTPS remote, the login popup shows the name of my old bitbucket account, I have to actually login with the atlassian account that it is migrated to (which has an e-mail as the username) for it to work.

0 votes
Luzius Meisser February 23, 2020

Something seems broken with the credentials in source tree. My best solution so far is to simply use another software (e.g. git directly from the commandline). This works much better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events