Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something is totally messed up with login

Michael Hylton May 16, 2019

Bitbucket account, logs in fine in Bitbucket, Sourcetree refuses to accept password, keeps prompting.  There's some kind of big disconnect, and I cannot figure out how to fix it.

Also, I'm already logged into Bitbucket, why do I need to login again in Sourcetree at all?

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2019

Hi @Michael Hylton,

A few questions:

- What version of Sourcetree are you using?
- What platform are you on?
- If you remove and re-add the account does the problem persist?

Cheers,

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Michael Hylton May 16, 2019

Hi Brian,

-    Version 3.1.2
-    Win 64

-    Tried that and uninstalling Sourcetree and reinstalling.

The problem all started when I couldn't remember my password to Bitbucket a few weeks back, and I wound up changing it.  After that, I couldn't "login" to Sourcetree.

Hope this helps,

Michael

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2019

Uninstalling the app doesn't affect the stored settings. You'll want to remove and re-add via Options -> Accounts and see if the problem still exists.

Michael Hylton May 21, 2019

Thanks Brian.  I've tried removing all account in SourceTree, I've tried disconnecting BitBucket from SourceTree and starting over.  Nothing seems to work.  I have confirmed that I can perform the git clone command using a windows command prompt.  It too prompts me for the password, and it accepted it and brought down the code per the norm.   I'm not sure what is going on with my account as it relates to Bitbucket and SourceTree, but something there is amiss.

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events