It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Something is totally messed up with login Edited

Bitbucket account, logs in fine in Bitbucket, Sourcetree refuses to accept password, keeps prompting.  There's some kind of big disconnect, and I cannot figure out how to fix it.

Also, I'm already logged into Bitbucket, why do I need to login again in Sourcetree at all?

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin Atlassian Team May 16, 2019

Hi @TheMichaelHylton,

A few questions:

- What version of Sourcetree are you using?
- What platform are you on?
- If you remove and re-add the account does the problem persist?

Cheers,

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Hi Brian,

-    Version 3.1.2
-    Win 64

-    Tried that and uninstalling Sourcetree and reinstalling.

The problem all started when I couldn't remember my password to Bitbucket a few weeks back, and I wound up changing it.  After that, I couldn't "login" to Sourcetree.

Hope this helps,

Michael

bgannin Atlassian Team May 16, 2019

Uninstalling the app doesn't affect the stored settings. You'll want to remove and re-add via Options -> Accounts and see if the problem still exists.

Thanks Brian.  I've tried removing all account in SourceTree, I've tried disconnecting BitBucket from SourceTree and starting over.  Nothing seems to work.  I have confirmed that I can perform the git clone command using a windows command prompt.  It too prompts me for the password, and it accepted it and brought down the code per the norm.   I'm not sure what is going on with my account as it relates to Bitbucket and SourceTree, but something there is amiss.

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,902 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you