Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for newly added files in Sourcetree

Wasim Khamlichi November 12, 2012

I am new to Git to please excuse me if it's not capable of this.

I'm using SourceTree to version control my website. So far it's great, my only issue is that if i add a new file to my website, SourceTree doesn't automatically detect it and add it to the working copy. How can I scan the working folder for newly added files? Or do I have to add them each individually when I create them?

Thanks for the help

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

New files will show up by default in the 'Show Pending' filter (the drop-down at the top of the file status view), they will show up as 'Unknown' until you decide to add them. The reason this isn't automatic in git is that you may not want to track every file in your repo folder, they might be temporary or derivative files that you want to ignore instead.

You can see them most easily with the Flat View and Show Pending. Also, if you don't want to add them all manually, you can use the 'Add/Remove' button on the toolbar which will add all new files (and also mark missing files as removed).

Wasim Khamlichi November 12, 2012

That's exactly what I need. Thanks for that.

zoodal January 9, 2016

Thanks - this response cleared up my issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events