Running script via custom action on Source Tree Windows

oheckel January 23, 2015

I didn't get it on working

image2015-1-23 17:0:14.png

image2015-1-23 17:0:59.png

the Script file works correct when i start it over the Windows command promt.

Oli

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2015

I am guessing the problem here is that .sh files are not directly supported by Windows (.bat files are).

When you run that from the command line, is that a standard command line window, or one that's running cygwin? Try putting a specific command to run the file in front of it, like "sh start_project.sh ...".

2 votes
oheckel January 26, 2015

Cool thanks it works i changed my "Custom Action" into

image2015-1-26 16:35:24.png

and now it works...

1 vote
falloonalan July 25, 2016

I can launch .sh scripts by using the full path in a bat file. So the work around for me was a bat file like this

C:\<Pathtoyourscripit>\PruneTags.sh

0 votes
maxou6631 February 26, 2021

Hello,

I'am learning about git and sourcetree, I tried to make a custom action to send the command plotgitsch -ifirefox to see the imaging diff about kicad shematic.

Could you tell me more how to create the script and how can I link this script with the custom action..

I tried this on command bash it works fine, but when I define the custom actions it is not working.Working bash.PNG

sourcetree fail1.PNG

Could you help me please?

Thanks a lot.

Maxime.

0 votes
oheckel January 24, 2015

No the Script isn't doing anything. Is seems to be that sc scripts doesn't work with Source tree for Windows or I'am doing something fundamentally wrong. So I also tried other scripts and got the same result.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2015

Is it possible that the script is doing what it is supposed to, but returning some sort of error code that you can't see when executing directly from the command line?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events