Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote branch listing is very slow

vjpr February 1, 2012

When I click the Push or Pull icon, the `remote branch to pull` dropdown or the `remote branch` column shows a spinner for about 8 seconds. I am using GitHub.

If I right-click on the branch from the left pane under `branches` there is no delay and it works as expected.

I remember seeing a ticket or question for this earlier and it was listed as fixed for 1.3b1. Perhaps it was not resolved for the toolbar buttons.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012

Yes, the resolution for 1.3 was in fact to skip the remote call when using the sidebar, the top-level toolbar options were not affected.

I'll log another improvement to use the cached remote branch info unless a refresh is requested. It is sometimes useful to know what's already on the remote even if you don't have that info fetched (especially after you've just added a new remote for example), but I appreciate that day-to-day relying on the existing info is mostly reliable.

vjpr February 1, 2012

Thanks Steve!

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events