Remote branch listing is very slow

When I click the Push or Pull icon, the `remote branch to pull` dropdown or the `remote branch` column shows a spinner for about 8 seconds. I am using GitHub.

If I right-click on the branch from the left pane under `branches` there is no delay and it works as expected.

I remember seeing a ticket or question for this earlier and it was listed as fixed for 1.3b1. Perhaps it was not resolved for the toolbar buttons.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Yes, the resolution for 1.3 was in fact to skip the remote call when using the sidebar, the top-level toolbar options were not affected.

I'll log another improvement to use the cached remote branch info unless a refresh is requested. It is sometimes useful to know what's already on the remote even if you don't have that info fetched (especially after you've just added a new remote for example), but I appreciate that day-to-day relying on the existing info is mostly reliable.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

716 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you