Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prune tracking tags no longer present on remote(s)

Павел Золотов December 19, 2023

Now SourceTree (my version is 3.4.15.0) supports option "Prune tracking branches no longer present on remote(s)", but not supports something like "Prune tracking tags no longer present on remote(s)" for the same functional with tags.

It is currently impossible to delete tags because even if they are deleted on the remote, any push adds them again to the remote. The only way is to remove them from all participants at the same time, which is a difficult organizational task.

1 answer

0 votes
Muhammad Ali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2023

To resolve the Prune tracking tags no longer present on remote(s)" issue, perform a to update your local repository and remove tags no longer existing on the remote. This ensures synchronization with the latest changes. Confirm successful pruning by checking the status of your remotes.

Павел Золотов December 20, 2023

Do you mean removing local tags manually? It is more efficient to perform -prune for tags. But both of these options imply the execution of these commands for all members who use the same remote. If it's a lot of people, it becomes a problem.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events