Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Access Tokens - Sourcetree and Bitbucket Server

Stu July 14, 2021

Hello all,

We are using Bitbucket server with Sourcetree clients. Our user accounts are setup to use active directory. When we change out network passwords we keep trigging the Bitbucket captcha because the Sourcetree GIT credential manager isn't in sync . So we then need to go into Sourcetree and delete all the saved passwords and reset the account password. 

I see that Sourcetree can use personal access tokens (which i think would help me out), but it is not available when connecting to Sourcetree to Bitbucket Server, its only available when the host is GitLab or Azure. Some of our other GIT clients are able to do this, so maybe I am missing something

Is there any way to use the personal access tokens when connecting from Sourcetree to Bitbucket Server or is there another way to connect to our Bitbucket Server that i am not aware of that would stop tripping the captcha?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
John Morales August 30, 2021

Hi Stu, we are using BitBucket Personal Access Tokens with Sourcetree. Are you still encountering an issue?

Stu August 31, 2021

Hi John, yes we are still having the issue and thanks for the reply. I don't see an option to use personal access tokens with Sourcetree and Bitbucket, only Sourcetree and GitLab. Please see the attached pics, maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

GitLab.JPGBitBucketServer.JPGBitBucket.JPG

Like John Morales likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events