Did you mean: 

Permission Denied (publickey)

Colin Karpfinger April 4, 2012

Hi,

I'm receiving this error in Sourctree:

Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Unable to fetch in submodule path 'YBAudioFramework'

I believe sourcetree prompted me for a publickey access at one point when I was neither pulling nor pushing, and I clicked deny out of principle. Now I'm being punished for that :) How can I give sourcetree access again? I tried going through keychain access and also removing the hostusername map from Library/Application Support/Sourcetree

Any other ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2012
Just FYI, the time SourceTree prompted you was because by default it does a periodic background fetch in order to be able to show you the ahead/behind markers relatively up to date without manual action. You can disable this in Preferences if you like. As for the error, are you certain your key works elsewhere? SourceTree just goes via ssh here so it's behaviour should reflect the command line too. The permission prompt is, IIRC, just to allow the app to use your keychain entry to unlock the key if it's pass phrase protected. I might be misremembering that since I haven't had to grant it in a hole, but I don't believe there's a 'Always deny' option, only allow, deny and always allow. It's possible the key has been unlocked in your session (Mac comes with ssh- agent effectively running automatically so you'll only have to type the pass phrase once) and the problem is actually a genuine key rejection.
Colin Karpfinger April 10, 2012

For some reason my key was working with another repo but not this one. I created a new key and now everything is working, so you were right it was a key issue, not a sourcetree issue.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events