Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAuth "Authentication Successful" issue, can not access repos in Sourcetree 2.6.10 or install 3.3.8

grobschmit April 9, 2020

I am having issues trying to log on using OAuth 

I did have 1.8 installed but uninstalled it to upgrade.
I am using Google Chrome Version 81.0.4044.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I am currently trying with 2.6.10 as it lets me install it (3.3.8 has OAuth during install does not work so can complete install)

After installing 2.6.10 it does not show any of my remote repo's. When adding an account via OAuth I click "Refresh OAuth token" and the page opened and I select my account then says "Authentication Successful, SourceTree has been successfully authenticated. You may now close this page." 
But in the "Edit Hosting Account" screen it says "Login failed, Resource removed"
Auth_success.jpg

I have tried removing all cookies, all chrome extensions and/or using OAuth in a guest window, no difference. 

in Chrome, before I was able to get this far, I would just keep getting a blank screen and  I would keep seeing this error in the console. 

"google:1 Uncaught TypeError: page.googleAuthCallback is not a function"
googleAuthCallback.jpgTo log onto this forum I kept seeing this above error but when I took the offending line of code and copy/pasted it into the Chrome console to run it again I was able to log on. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
grobschmit April 14, 2020

OK have solved the issue, after a number of hours/days playing around trying to get things working

Just installed GitHub Desktop, and now am back up and working.

0 votes
grobschmit April 13, 2020

Ok I have made some progression on getting OAuth working in Sourcetree, 

I have installed 3.2.6 and setup my account using basic authentication using my username and a App password generated from bitbucket will full permissions selected. I could not see my list of remote repos but unable to clone (would get an error "This is not a valid source path" then more detail in that "Error: remote: Invalid username or password, fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://grobschmit@bitbucket.org/......" ) 

Then when I go back into the accounts settings in Sourcetree, I can change my authentication from basic to OAuth and it sets correctly. 

But I still can not clone a remote repo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events