Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to push to remote: unauthorized

Linda Stewart September 20, 2018

Using SourceTree, when I try to push to the remote bitbucket repository, I am asked to log into the Atlassian account. I tried both the username as well as the email. I tried both the password for the account as well as the app password. It throws this error:

remote: Invalid username or password
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://Linda_Stewart@bitbucket.org/km_gissolutions/fme-server-workspaces.git/'

I then use Terminal to run the "git push" command, that same login dialog box pops up and I get this error in the message window:

fatal: ArgumentOutOfRangeException encountered.
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: resultType

Then another dialog pops up asking for the bitbucket username which I put in the same username as that of my Atlassian account. Then it asks for the password. I use the same one that was throwing the inavlid error. It worked and I am able to push my changes to the remote repository. 

I'm positive of the username and password as I am able to do it through git command. So what is the difference between using SourceTree? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Hello! This might be related to an issue with the git-credential-manager-for-windows. Could you try the following:

Linda Stewart September 24, 2018

That totally worked. Thanks Mike.

Олег Остриков January 17, 2021

Thanks Mike! Simple and fast! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events