Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New team Member can not clone repository because of invalid path

FreedomRoleplayJazzCat July 4, 2017

Hi, I can't figure this out on my end, but today I recruited a new team member onto my developer team. However, after adding him to the developer group so he can access the repository he get the error in source tree "This is not a valid path / URL"

He has the same access as everyone else who is working here, I asked him was the details said and it says "remote not found #URLHere not found" the URL is correct for the repo, he is authenticated and have write access to the repo.

What could be the problem here?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2017

Hi! Is he getting the same error if he tries to clone the repo using the command line? 

If he's only getting this error in SourceTree, can you ask him to change the Git version from 'Use Embedded Git' to 'Use System Git' and see if this solves the issue?

If the error is still occurring, there should be a "Details" button next to the error he's getting, what does it say there?

Lastly, please remember to let us know which SourceTree version and OS is he using to help us better troubleshoot this case.

Best regards :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events