Merge conflict pop-up in SourceTree

When you merge a branch in SourceTree and there's a conflict, there's a pop-up that warns you about the conflict, and there's also a checkbox for never showing that pop-up again. I Accidentally checked it and now when I have a conflict I am not warned about it. Is there a way that i can reset that option so that I can be warned everytime there is a conflict?

1 answer

1 accepted

In a terminal, if you're using the direct version:

defaults write com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS suppressConflictsWarning 0

And if you're using the Mac App Store version:

defaults write com.torusknot.SourceTree suppressConflictsWarning 0

Is there a reason this isn't available on the GUI under Preferences?

An oversight, I'll add it to the list.

How to do this in Windows version?

I know it's been 2 years, but I needed an answer to how to do this in Windows today, too, and am posting the answer here in hopes it'll help the next passerby.

The Windows folder %LocalAppData%\Atlassian\ contains one or more user.config files. Edit the one in the folder named for your version of SourceTree (2.1.2.5, in my case). It'll probably be the most recently changed one, too. Inside that user.config file is an XML node named SuppressConflictsWarning. Change its value to False and save the file.

<setting name="SuppressConflictsWarning" serializeAs="String">
    <value>False</value>
</setting>

I wrote up a bit more here, too: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44812247/sourcetree-how-to-show-merge-conflicts-alert

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

234 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot