Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS X - Sourcetree Authentication tries to open Sourcetree on Parallels Windows PC

Holland Risley September 13, 2019

When I try to view remote repositories, on the latest update of Mac OS X Sourcetree 3.0 (200), I am taken to the log in URL, after successfully logging in I am re-directed to a URL below.

This then tries to open Windows on a Parallels Virtual Machine. The file types must have been associated with the application called SourceTree[2]. I can't get the authentication to loop back to my Mac version of SourceTree! Aaaaagh help!

What is the file type that I need to associate with SourceTree on my Mac? I can't see it in the browser console, so I am completely stuck here!

https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/login/atlassianid/?next=%2Fsite%2Foauth2%2Fauthorize%3Fclient_id%....

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Golokha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2019

Hi Holland,

Thanks for sharing your question.

As an ex-Parallels user, I believe that the file associations issue you described can be fixed on Parallels Desktop/Mac OS side.

Locate one of the Sourcetree files on the Mac side, right click on it, select Get Info and expand Open With section. In that field, simply choose Sourcetree for Mac (instead of Sourcetree for Windows) and hit Change All. You might need to restart your Mac after but that should be it.

This KB article has detailed steps on how to change file associations.

Hope this helps!

Holland Risley September 29, 2019

Hi @Andrew Golokha

Thanks for your response, please can you confirm what you mean by "Locate one of the Sourcetree files" - Which files are those? Sorry if I am being slow here :D

H

Holland Risley October 11, 2019

Hi @Andrew Golokha , I am still unabIe to use Sourcetree on Mac. 

Which are the Sourcetree files that I can right click on and choose Open with?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events