Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Remote

Ron Toub March 18, 2021

I have a remote that displays in the left hand section that was from an original setup.

No matter what I do it will not go away.  Some operations are defaulting to it and hanging up Sourcetree and causing more and more problems.

I uninstalled Sourcetree and re-installed it but they remain.

I checked my Git config and am able to add and remove remotes there.

I was even able to create one with the same name, but Sourcetree showed two and only allowed me to delete one.

Is there a registry or cache somewhere I am not looking for?  I am at a loss as to how to remove it.

Update, I found about 10 perl and git processes running.  I killed them all, uninstalled and re-installed but the bad Origin still remains.  I notice when it is hanging it launches a bunch of git and perl processes.  I think they are trying to connect to the bad origin over and over.

Update, I removed all references to SourceTree from my registry and all files on my hard drive.  Did a full uninstall before that.  Did the same for the name of the bad remote.
I did a full install and for the first time it stepped me through the install process but the bad remote still exists.

I can't use Sourcetree and I am planning a production Git migration in one week so I need it to work.

Update: anybody know of other client tools that support Gitflow?  Looks like SourceTree is not going to work no matter what I try.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events