Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation with a CM perspective

Tony Sonderby January 20, 2021

Hello,

Configuration Management is what I do, but more and more, software developers circumvent our efforts towards version control by automating the install under user credentials into their APPDATA folder.   SourceTree is such a program.  

Q:  Is there an installation method that requires Administrative rights?  We can tell the users 1000 times "Don't install unapproved software versions", but they do,

THANK YOU Atlassian for removing the requirement of an Atlassian account to install SourceTree. 

Q: When do you expect to have completed your FEDRAMP certification?

During the installation, the user is offered the choice to install Git and Mercurial.  Again, we don't want what Atlassian delivers, but what we have approved for use.  I managed to find and install Git for Windows and the SourceTree installer will recognize that as being already installed.

Q: Which version of Mercurial (and where do I get it) should be installed ahead of the SourceTree install where SourceTree will recognize Mercurial as having already been installed?  

I tried to capture it in ...\AppData\Local\Temp during the install but it is very small and I've become very slow.  o.0

Finally, Automatic updates.  Seriously, there should be legislation requiring all software to have automatic updates default to OFF.  I've found a couple Feature Requests asking Atlassian to offer the ability to turn off Automatic updates but these appear to be a dead issue.

Q:  Short of putting firewall rules in place, is there a working configuration that would allow me to "break" automatic updates for SourceTree, Git, and Mercurial?

Thank you

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events