Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation stalls at Registration MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Jim Reynolds
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2019

On MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, I was having authentication problems. Tried to unlink my user account but was unsuccessful, so I deleted SourceTree incl files in Application Support directory. Reinstalled, seemed successful, but when I choose BitBucket Cloud at the Registration step, it hangs on a white screen with a message, please wait.  

Screenshot 2019-08-26 22.30.55.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

Hi Jim, welcome to the Community!

Seems like there are some remnants from your previous installation that is interfering with your current install. Can you try and swipe Sourcetree preferences?

After that, please re-start Sourcetree, try to register with your Bitbucket Cloud account and let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ana

Jim Reynolds
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 27, 2019

I followed the directions you provided at at swipe SourceTree preferences and was finally able to proceed. I am now stuck where I originally had the problem - the bitbucket.org Access Key for <username>" 

The solution seems to be here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/access-keys-294486051.html 

I am able to use this on my Windows machines without this intricacy to I'll just stick to them.  Something seems off in this Mac solution - it's certainly far more difficult to install. If there is a way to get up and running without the Access Keys, which is possbile in Windows, please LMK. thx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events