Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I messed up with Git-flow... help!

Gopi Aravind December 26, 2012

Hey,

I made a local commit and tried pushing it to bitbucket. It didn't work so I started playing around.. I hit git-flow and hit the default option and OK.. Now all my code has reverted to the original! I've lost all my hour's work...

Is there a way to switch back to pre-git-flow??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gopi Aravind January 1, 2013

I got it back! I didn't stash it or anything...

I found the head ref. no of the old commit in one of the files in .git folder and manually changed the actual head to that code. And boom.

Whew. Moving to a mac is painful.

0 votes
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Ouch.

I hate to be the harbringer of bad news, but I think that your lost commit is hosed. Did you stash or anything before you did it?

Gopi Aravind December 28, 2012

I got it back! I didn't stash it or anything...

I found the head ref. no of the old commit in one of the files in .git folder and manually changed the actual head to that code. And boom.

Whew. Moving to a mac is painful.

Like Erik Hanson likes this
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2012

Yay! Glad you got your stuff back.

I've been on a mac professionally for years now. After you get used to it... I swear I get a lot more work done than when I was on windows. Maybe it's just selection bias.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events