I am unable to see the branch i am trying to commit to

Nishita Movva January 25, 2016

Hi,

I have had this issue before and the same again today. As I am trying to commit the changes made, I am not able to see the branch name by the commit. 

Push changes immediately to to - <typically you should be able to see the branch you are on but it is empty for me>.

While we are at it, I have created a branch in my Bitbucket using git command but it is not making a difference. Please help me here. Thanks in advance! 

3 answers

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

I'm not able to recreate the situation you describe, but it sounds like it was because the local branch was not set to track a remote branch, which is what you rectified with that git command.

When I create a new local branch, it seems like it's automatically assuming I want to push it to a similarly named remote branch, even if that remote branch doesn't exist, but that may be a version dependent behavior.

Your other option would probably be to just commit it and then go to the Push screen to push, because that screen lays out your branch options a little more fully.

Nishita Movva February 3, 2016

Tim, this has been the case lately, so maybe you are right there when you said it could be a version dependent behavior. 

Appreciate you taking your time and walking through the options. Thanks again!

0 votes
Nishita Movva January 25, 2016

Thanks Tim for your response. Initially, I was not able to see the branch i was on. But now I do, as shown in the image below. I git bashed it by using the following command : 

git branch -u origin/APOLLO28 

I wanted to know if there is another or a better way to overcome this issue in the future. 

Many Thanks. 

image2016-1-25 12:56:25.png

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Can you include some screenshots to illustrate the problem you're having?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events