How do I update to 2.5.1 on Mac?

After receiving an email about a critical security vulnerability starting in 1.4.0 up until 2.5.1 (Mac), I would like to update to 2.5.1. However, in the app when I check for updates, it tells me I am up-to-date on 2.4.1. Can't find a way to get to 2.5.1 in the app.

I was able to download 2.5.1 from sourcetreeapp.com, but seeing as I already have SourceTree installed, I'm not sure how to proceed. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? (Hoping that is not the only option.)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Gary Sackett Atlassian Team May 10, 2017

Hi Lindsey,

Which version of OSX are you using?  2.5.1 only supports OSX 10.11, or later.

Cheers,

Gary

Gary, good catch! I'm on 10.10.5.

Thanks! -Lindsey

OSX 10.10 is not end of life, and Apple is still releasing security updates for it, and is less than 3 years old. It seems that something you describe as a critical security issue would warrant a release for 10.10.

Hi,

I'm using OSX 10.11.13.

Source tree is only updating itself to 2.4.1 and says when I check for updates "SourceTree 2.4.1 is currently the newest version available."

Do I need to manually install 2.5.1?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm using OSX 10.11.14.

Im having the same problem as Carl Adermann, I could only update to 2.4.1. After that update it tells me that I have the latest version.

I would appreciate any help from your side. 

Thanks in advance.

Me too, OSX 10.11.3

If you're having problems on 10.11.x you might want to start a new thread for that, I don't think you can expect a respond in this one.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

248 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot