How do I push individual Hg branches?

I have a repo at BitBucket which is public. However, I'm working on some changes I don't want to be visible until I release. For this I made a private fork of the repo where I push those secret changes.

But I still want to push changes to the other branches to the public repo. But I cannot seem to figure out how to push just some spesific branches. It appear to be all or nothing. Is this a Hg limitation? SourceTree limitation? Or have I simply not seen the option that control this? (I'm looking right at it, right?)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Found it. In the Push window, unfold the Advanced Options and then enter the branch name there.

I wasn't sure that was what I wanted to use when I found that field. I was searching for a while before I found references that mentioned it. Is there some UI documentation for SourceTree that mentions these fields? I wasn't sure what syntax to use in this field.

I use Git, not Hg, and the Git push window gives you a list of branches, and you check or uncheck which ones you want to push.

Alternatively, you can right-click a git branch in the branch list and choose "Push to...", which brings up the push window with just that one branch selected.

I would be surprised if the Hg UI was significantly different.

I expected it to be alike as wekk - but the UI is different.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

715 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you