Failing to show incoming changes on pull request (abort: authorization failed)

Christian K. Ibsen April 19, 2012

With my current repository configuration, I can push changes to my Bitbucket repository just fine. Userid and password is specified for "default" in my repository settings.

However, when I try to pull, "Incoming changes" result in "abort: authorization failed".

If I expand "Advanced" and select "Branch: default" my pull request completes succesfully!

But I can't see incoming changes.... how come?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2012

Are you embedding the username AND password in your remote URL? If so, you shouldn't do that, it's very insecure (SourceTree stops you doing it in fact, at least if you created the remote in SourceTree). It's possible that during a deconstruction / reconstruction of the URL that's gone wrong somewhere - it should strictly work, and I'll check that, but it's still very strongly advisable not to include the password in plain text.

If you omit the password (leave the username@ in though), SourceTree will prompt you for it and offer to store it in your keychain for future use, which is vastly more secure.

Christian K. Ibsen April 19, 2012

Right! I had specified <username>:<password> in my .hgrc file. Leaving out :<password> and letting SourceTree store my password in the Keychain fixed my issue :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events