Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiffMerge never launches

Gizambica August 29, 2019

So I have the external merging tool setup, with the path and everything, but when I click "Launch External Merge Tool" from the dropdown, the merge tool is never launches

This is what my .gitconfig looks like

[..]
[difftool "sourcetree"]
cmd = 'C:/Program Files/SourceGear/Common/DiffMerge/sgdm.exe' \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"
[mergetool "sourcetree"]
cmd = 'C:/Program Files/SourceGear/Common/DiffMerge/sgdm.exe' -merge -result=\"$MERGED\" \"$LOCAL\" \"$BASE\" \"$REMOTE\"
trustExitCode = true

And my Tools/Diff window in sourcetree:image.pngCan anybody give me a hand? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

Hi @Gizambica ,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm not 100% familiar with DiffMerge itself, but looking at their command line argument documentation: https://sourcegear.com/diffmerge/webhelp/sec__clargs__merge.html

It looks as though the arguments you are supplying might be attempting to perform the merge automatically and then exiting.  Have you tried setting the merge command without supplying any arguments to see if it will launch?

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Gizambica August 29, 2019

Apparently the issue was the file itself! It was either deleted or renamed in one of the branches, and thats why the merge wouldnt be possible!

I have the terrible habit of renaming files left and right, guess I brought that on myself!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

I'm glad you were able to get to the root of the problem!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events