Customize column headings in repository file view

In the current file views for a SourceTree repositiory, the only columns visible are status Icon (?), Filename, and Path.

Is there any way to add columns or customize this view to include information such as Date Modified, Date Created, Kind, etc.?

If this is not possible, could it be added as a feature? Being able to sort the file listing on this information would be highly useful.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

This isn't supported right now, and the main reason is that it would add additional overhead to these views. The views are built entirely from the results of hg/git, which cannot report the information above as part of their operation. The only way to retrieve them would be to perform additional queries via the OS before the information is displayed. People are really sensitive about performance so I'm reluctant to add this as a standard part of the list - even if it's an option, people will turn it on without really understanding its additional overhead and then complain that SourceTree has got slower ;)

Ok, thanks Steve.

I didn't realize what would be involved. You're right about being sensitive to performance, and I understand not wanting to risk slowing down ST in any way.

Thanks for the quick reply.

This widget could not be displayed.

SmartGit also shows this information without major overhead.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

860 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you