Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize column headings in repository file view

kpowick March 29, 2012

In the current file views for a SourceTree repositiory, the only columns visible are status Icon (?), Filename, and Path.

Is there any way to add columns or customize this view to include information such as Date Modified, Date Created, Kind, etc.?

If this is not possible, could it be added as a feature? Being able to sort the file listing on this information would be highly useful.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2012

This isn't supported right now, and the main reason is that it would add additional overhead to these views. The views are built entirely from the results of hg/git, which cannot report the information above as part of their operation. The only way to retrieve them would be to perform additional queries via the OS before the information is displayed. People are really sensitive about performance so I'm reluctant to add this as a standard part of the list - even if it's an option, people will turn it on without really understanding its additional overhead and then complain that SourceTree has got slower ;)

kpowick March 29, 2012

Ok, thanks Steve.

I didn't realize what would be involved. You're right about being sensitive to performance, and I understand not wanting to risk slowing down ST in any way.

Thanks for the quick reply.

0 votes
MikeL March 29, 2012

SmartGit also shows this information without major overhead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events