Connect by git instead of Hg

AndreasK February 29, 2012

Hey there,

we have set up a mercurial repository which works fine when used from command line or other hg clients from Mac, Linux and Windows.

Somehow SourceTree tries to connect to the hg repo by using the git commands, which obviously fails. Any hints on how to prevent this behaviour?

Cheers,

Andreas

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2012

Hmm, that's odd - what SourceTree does when you give it a URL is to check out what type of repo it is. Basically, it fires commands at it and checks what works: 'git ls-remote' and 'hg identify' to be specific. This has always worked in my experience.

Unless however, you mean that you've added a local repo? If the local repo has both .git and .hg subfolders, ie it has both git and mercurial repositories within it, SourceTree will pick the git one. We don't support co-located repositories. If the git repo is there by accident, deleting the .git folder will fix it. Other tools work because they're only looking for hg so would not notice if you had a git repo in there too.

Ok, I tried hg identify on the repositoriy and it is working from the command line. We use SSL authorization, but SourceTree never aks for a user or a pw. Currently, the certificate is currently not verified which results in some warnings. Can SourceTree handle these warnings?

I created a test repo with a test user with the exact same behaviour. Can I send you the details?

Thanks for your quick support!

Unfortunately our admins will freak out, if I post our link online -.- Is there a way to share the url and stuff just with you developers?

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2012

Yes, SourceTree can handle warnings.

Please send a reproduction example if you have one, you can either post a link here or log a case at https://jira.atlassian.com and attach it.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2012

Yes, if you create an issue on https://jira.atlassian.com, you can set the security level to 'Reporters and Developers', which means the issue can only be seen by you and Atlassian. But if you have a test repo with a test user which doesn't include any information you don't want to share, that would be even better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events