Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about accounts

Nathan Peters September 30, 2015

I feel like I have a billion logins for Atlassian services.

I have a Jira/Confluence which is separate from my HipChat and my new team uses Bitbucket vs my usual GitHub and that has yet another account. And then there is one other I had to create to "register" sourcetree (seriously?!) because none of my other Atlassian account logins worked. It is SUPER confusing.

I created a test repo to iron out any committing issues and I can clone the private repo I initialized through the browser but then I get permission issues when trying to push. I went to try and re-add my ssh key but it said "that key is already added by another user" when I am the only user. And if it is already there, what is the problem?

So what accounts are linked to what and where is there appropriate place to use them? On Github I had 1 account I used for myself and any private repos for whatever job I was on and it ALWAYS just worked.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
Pushing to git@bitbucket.org:[xxxxxx]/test.git
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Nathan Peters October 6, 2015

So it seems my issue is the same as this guy's: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/164023/password-not-working-on-sourcetree My bitbucket credentials aren't working in sourcetree. I tried my id.atlassian credentials as well but those have no username (just an email) associated with them so sourcetree refuses to use them. I logged out of bitbucket in the browser and logged back in to verify my credentials so they do work -- just, not in sourcetree.

0 votes
bmatichuk1 January 19, 2018

What would be great is if there was a personal login with a simple URL like

login.Atlassian.com

Then from here you could see all the companies you work with and all the products that each company has access to.

Then simply select where you want to go and click. Easy as pie.

Please!

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2015

Not sure how fair the GitHub comparison is, when it doesn't provide such a broad range of products... You may need to contact Atlassian support to answer this, if the answer is account related. I'm not sure how much control you (as a user) have over linking these accounts. Hopefully someone else can answer more confidently.

0 votes
Nathan Peters September 30, 2015

Oh and don't forget my new answers.atlassian account which uses the same email address as all my other accounts. I am really confused as to the reasoning behind all this separation.

answers.atlassian
id.Atlassian personal
id.Atlassian for company A
bitbucket.org
hipchat.com for company A
hipchat.com for company B
jira/confluence for company A
jira/confluence for company B

Those are all the accounts I can think of off the top of my head. Surely, there's a better way to handle this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events