Cloning never works

rj December 19, 2020

whenever I clone from one of my repos listed (public or private), always same error:

hg clone git@github.com:Rjrunner44/open-bibles.git /Users/robertanderson/Projects/ew/ewai/open-bibles 

abort: repository git@github.com:Rjrunner44/open-bibles.git not found!

Completed with errors, see above

I'm logged in fine with Git. I can clone them from URL just fine also. But cloning from the "remotes" tab clone button always same error above (Is it trying to use mercurial or something?) They are all Git repos.

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2021

Hi @krill ,

Wish you a very Happy New Year!

Welcome to the community! We are glad you are here!

First,

SourceTree might not have this setting enabled after install.

Under SourceTree's Menu Tools -> Options (General Tab), as shown below,  the second checkbox

SourceTree Tools Options.png

'Use this version of SourceTree for URI association' was not checked. 

After checking this box and clicking 'OK' at the bottom of the Options page, Clone to SourceTree buttons on bitbucket.org automatically started to work.

Second,

Please check the Git version installed on the machines. Then check your SSH configuration. It looks like you are using SSH style Git URLs, though there isn't enough information to be sure of that.

So check the SSH agent, openSSH or PuTTY is running and has loaded the local SSH key.

Third,

Please Try a clean install? The steps are as follows:

1. Wipe SourceTree preferences
  2. Uninstall SourceTree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with the next step
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.
  4. Download SourceTree and install it. 

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events