Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes not seen

EngiJbell February 28, 2020

When I go to back up work in SourceTree, I keep getting 'Nothing to commit', and thus can not back up my work. I have backed up this project before, so at point it could see changes as expected. I don't believe anything is different now.

EDIT: For clarity, I Know that I have made changes. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2020

Hi @EngiJbell,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Have you made any changes to your repository? If you get "Nothing to commit" it is an indication that you have not made any changes to the repository since the last time you made a commit. 

EngiJbell March 4, 2020

But I know that I have. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2020

Are you using gitignore?

Jesse_Bell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2020

Yes. However, I am certain I have made lots of changes outside of the .gitignore scope. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2020

Git should report any changes you made if you run git status. If it does not show any changes, it will not push anything to the remote repository. You can test that by just adding a new file to the repository and then run git status

EngiJbell March 11, 2020

I tried that. Made changes just for the sake of making changes... no changes detected. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2020

Okay, so if Git is not detecting any changes it sounds like something is up with your repository. Do you see the .git directory on the root level of your repository? Are you making changes in a directory that is being ignored by your gitignore file?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events