Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Changes not seen Edited

When I go to back up work in SourceTree, I keep getting 'Nothing to commit', and thus can not back up my work. I have backed up this project before, so at point it could see changes as expected. I don't believe anything is different now.

EDIT: For clarity, I Know that I have made changes. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Feb 28, 2020

Hi @EngiJbell,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Have you made any changes to your repository? If you get "Nothing to commit" it is an indication that you have not made any changes to the repository since the last time you made a commit. 

But I know that I have. 

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Mar 04, 2020

Are you using gitignore?

Yes. However, I am certain I have made lots of changes outside of the .gitignore scope. 

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Mar 05, 2020

Git should report any changes you made if you run git status. If it does not show any changes, it will not push anything to the remote repository. You can test that by just adding a new file to the repository and then run git status

I tried that. Made changes just for the sake of making changes... no changes detected. 

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Mar 11, 2020

Okay, so if Git is not detecting any changes it sounds like something is up with your repository. Do you see the .git directory on the root level of your repository? Are you making changes in a directory that is being ignored by your gitignore file?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

3,002 views 4 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you