cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot clone using Backlog's GIt function

岡本優貴
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2023

Currently, using Backlog's Git function, I am trying to link it to a version control tool called Sourcetree. For the first and second times, I was able to connect using the URL in Backlog's Git function, but Connection cannot be established due to the following error condition.

コマンド: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://ptcs.backlog.jp/git/RPA_OPERATION/test.git
出力:
エラー: fatal: unable to access 'https://ptcs.backlog.jp/git/RPA_OPERATION/test.git/': Failed to connect to ptcs.backlog.jp port 443 after 152186 ms: Couldn't connect to server

There is a possibility that the internal environment is preventing connection, but I am unable to resolve the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter_DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2023

This error seems related to connectivity issues when trying to link Backlog's Git function to Sourcetree. The error message suggests that the connection to the server at `ptcs.backlog.jp` on port `443` (HTTPS) could not be established after several attempts. Here are a few suggestions that might help in resolving the issue: 

1. **Check Network Connection and Firewall**
- Ensure that there are no network issues on your end preventing the connection.
- Check whether any firewall or security software is blocking Sourcetree from accessing the internet, especially on port 443.

2. **Verify the Repository URL**
- Verify if the URL `https://ptcs.backlog.jp/git/RPA_OPERATION/test.git` is correct and accessible via a web browser or another Git client.

3. **Use SSH instead of HTTPS**
- If possible, try to use an SSH connection instead of HTTPS, which might bypass the connection issues.

4. **Proxy Settings**
- If you are behind a proxy, ensure that Sourcetree is configured to use the correct proxy settings.

5. **Update Sourcetree**
- If you are using an outdated version of Sourcetree, consider updating to the latest version, as it might have fixes for connectivity issues.

6. **Contact Your Network Administrator**
- There might be network policies or firewalls within your internal environment that block the connection to the specified URL/port, check with your network administrator or IT department for any restrictions.

7. **Check with Backlog Support**
- If the issue persists, it might be worth reaching out to Backlog Support to check if there are any issues or restrictions on their end.

9. **Check DNS Settings**
- Sometimes, DNS resolution issues can cause connectivity problems. Make sure the DNS settings are correct and try to use a public DNS server like Google's (8.8.8.8) to see if it resolves the issue. 

10. **Validate SSL/TLS Configurations**
- Misconfigurations in SSL/TLS can also lead to connection failures. Validate whether the SSL certificates and configurations on both the client and server sides are correct.

11. **Test with Command Line Git**
- Try to connect to the repository using command line Git to see if the issue is specific to Sourcetree or a broader connectivity issue. Remember to replace sensitive information in error messages with placeholders before sharing them online or with third parties, to maintain privacy and security.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events