Can't login to Sourcetree on Mac Mojave

Steven McCluskey October 1, 2018

I've just got a new MacBook Pro, with the new macOS Mojave installed.

I've installed the Sourcetree app, everything seems OK until I try and clone a project - when I try and use my password, nothing happens, then after a few seconds the insert password dialogue window reappears. I'm certain the password is correct as I've even reset it but I still can't login and clone a project.

Is this a Mojave issue?

I have no idea what to do, any help appreciated!

1 answer

2 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

Is this on a specific hosting account type? Or across all accounts? Has the account been added to Sourcetree already? Any other details would be helpful. 

Steven McCluskey October 1, 2018

I've been using Sourcetree for many years, this occurs exclusively when I try to use the Sourcetree desktop app on my new MacBook Pro (as of today). My password works without any problems across the Atlassian network. I can log in to Bitbucket, and on my desktop computer everything works - but on my new MacBook it requests the password when I try to clone a repository

"Password required
For user <myusername> on host bitbucket.org"

I put my password, the window disappears briefly, but just keeps opening again requesting it.

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2018

Sorry for the wait. Was out of office for a brief time. If you have added the account, please consider removing it and adding it again. Also of note here, we have a broken OAuth flow with the app for now and a fix for that is coming soon. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for the patience!

alan.cheung December 3, 2018

Same problem. After update Mac and source tree. The password doesn't know. I have remove the ssh key and account and build again. Still not work.

Peter Gilbertson December 17, 2018

Have a end-user who recently updated and is having the same constant prompts. Would love to know if there is an ETA on when this might be addressed? Having to steer users to different clients, which is a bummer since this all in one merc/git client is great. 

benbaragiola July 28, 2019

I am also having this issue. Any fix?

plyritis August 9, 2019

Greetings, i was having the same issue with sourcetree 3.2.1 and MacOSX Mojave. Sourcetree kept asking me for the password.

If you notice at the bottom of that same dialog box, it also asks if it could store the password in your keychain but for security reasons this fails... so it keeps asking again and again.

This fixed the problem for me:

System preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Accesibility -> Privacy

and added sourcetree in the list of apps which can control the computer.

Next time my password was required by sourcetree I gave it one last time and I was not asked again. Keep in mind that the 'store in keychain' has to be checked.

Hope this helps..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events