You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I recently uninstalled Sourcetree (by accident, I deleted the folders in %appdata%/Local and /Roaming). When I downloaded the latest installer, running it causes an command window to appear, the Sourcetree logo appears, goes away, flashes very briefly one more time, then stops.
Control Panel's uninstall programs page reports that Sourcetree is installed, but launching it either normally or as administrator does nothing.
I've tried the suggestions I've seen here (reinstalling .NET 4.5), but that hasn't helped. Here's the most extensive method I've tried:
1. Uninstalled Sourcetree via Control Panel
2. Removed Atlassian & Sourcetree folders in %appdata%/Local and /Roaming (I don't have any other Atlassian products installed)
3. Looked through the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders for Atlassian or Sourcetree entries, but didn't find anything
4. Removed .NET 4.6 via Enable/disable Windows Features in the Control Panel
4. Restarted Windows
5. Ran CCleaner to remove temp files, and also used CCleaner to clear all registry errors until there was nothing listed in the registry scan.
6. Restarted Windows
7. Re-enabled .NET 4.6 and waited until it was re-installed
8. Restarted Windows
9. Tried running the latest Sourcetree installer (3.3.9) as administrator.
It still doesn't work, and I have the same symptoms. The Git command line works just fine. I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else experienced this problem before?