I recently uninstalled Sourcetree (by accident, I deleted the folders in %appdata%/Local and /Roaming). When I downloaded the latest installer, running it causes an command window to appear, the Sourcetree logo appears, goes away, flashes very briefly one more time, then stops.
Control Panel's uninstall programs page reports that Sourcetree is installed, but launching it either normally or as administrator does nothing.
I've tried the suggestions I've seen here (reinstalling .NET 4.5), but that hasn't helped. Here's the most extensive method I've tried:
1. Uninstalled Sourcetree via Control Panel
2. Removed Atlassian & Sourcetree folders in %appdata%/Local and /Roaming (I don't have any other Atlassian products installed)
3. Looked through the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders for Atlassian or Sourcetree entries, but didn't find anything
4. Removed .NET 4.6 via Enable/disable Windows Features in the Control Panel
4. Restarted Windows
5. Ran CCleaner to remove temp files, and also used CCleaner to clear all registry errors until there was nothing listed in the registry scan.
6. Restarted Windows
7. Re-enabled .NET 4.6 and waited until it was re-installed
8. Restarted Windows
9. Tried running the latest Sourcetree installer (3.3.9) as administrator.
It still doesn't work, and I have the same symptoms. The Git command line works just fine. I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else experienced this problem before?
Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events